SYNOPSIS – AONLA UNIT
IFFCO Aonla Unit has completed 30 years of successful plant operation and has achieved excellent performance in the year 2017-18 on various fronts and achieved new record & milestones in the field of energy & production and received numerous awards in the field of Energy, Safety, Environment and HR during this period.
This year has been a glorious year for Aonla unit as we have received the most prestigious National Energy Conservation Award (Second Prize) and declared as winner for National Safety Award (First Prize). Aonla unit has received 4 Awards in the field of Energy Management, 5 Awards in the field of Safety, 1 Award in the field of Environment Management, 1 Award in the field of HR and 1 Award from INSAAN –NIC.
During the year 2017-18, Aonla Unit has bagged following awards:
Award-1: National Energy Conservation Award-2017 (Second Prize) from Bureau of Energy Efficiency, Ministry of Power, Government of India, in appreciation of achievements in Energy Conservation in the Fertiliser sector for Aonla-II.
Award-2: Uttar Pradesh State Energy Conservation Award-2017 (Second Prize) from Uttar Pradesh New & Renewable Energy Development Agency (UPNEDA) in appreciation of achievements in Energy Conservation in the Fertiliser sector for Aonla-II.
Award-3: Uttar Pradesh State Energy Conservation Award-2017 (Letter of Appreciation) from Uttar Pradesh New & Renewable Energy Development Agency (UPNEDA) in appreciation of achievements in Energy Conservation in the Fertiliser sector for Aonla-I.
Award-4: Excellent Energy Efficient Unit Award in Fertiliser sector from Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Hyderabad, under 18th National Award for Excellence in Energy Management - 2017 for Aonla-II.
Award-5: NSCI Safety Award-2017 (Sarvashreshtha Suraksha Puraskar) from National Safety Council of India in manufacturing sector category for developing and implementing very effective Management Systems & Procedures and achieving very good performance in Occupational Health and Safety.
Award-6: NSCI Safety Award-2016 (Suraksha Puraskar) from National Safety Council of India in manufacturing sector category for developing and implementing very effective Management Systems & Procedures and achieving very good performance in Occupational Health and Safety
Award-7: Safety Innovation Award in Fertiliser & Chemicals sector from Institute of Engineers (India), Delhi Centre for implementing innovative Safety Management Systems.
Award-8: FAI Safety Award-2017 (Runner up) for excellence in safety from The Fertiliser Association of India.
Award-9: 16th Annual Greentech Safety Award-2017 (Gold Award) in Fertiliser sector from Greentech Foundation, New Delhi, for outstanding achievements in Safety Management.
Award-10: Most Innovative Environmental Project Award from Confederation of Indian Industry (CIl) under CII Environmental Best Practices Award-2017 for Installation of Activated Carbon Filter in Ammonia Plants to avoid treatment of Turbine Condensate in Polisher Unit at DM Plant.
Award-11: Excellence Award for Case Study presented on "Utilization of Flash Steam in Urea Plant" & Best Suggestor Award from Indian National Suggestion Schemes' Association, Northern India Chapter (INSSAN-NIC) in 19th National Creativity Summit-2017.
Award-12: 6th Annual Greentech HR Award-2016 (Gold Award) from Greentech Foundation, New Delhi for outstanding achievements in Training Excellence.
Other highlights of the year 2017-18, are as under:
Energy Saving Project:
Following Energy Saving schemes have been implemented in IFFCO Aonla-I & IFFCO Aonla-II:
1. Conversion of existing GV solution based CO2 removal system to aMDEA solution based CO2 removal system.
2. Revamp of Synthesis Gas Compressor involving replacement of HP case and LP case barrels by new barrels for increase in efficiency.
3. New Ammonia wash system in Synthesis Gas Compressor 2nd stage discharge to remove oxygenated compounds from synthesis gas and sending 3rd stage discharge directly to re-circulator stage discharge.
4. Replacement of existing Water Cooler using indirectly cooled DM water as cooling medium for cooling of synthesis gas with new heat exchanger using cooling water as cooling medium.
5. of Steam Super Heater at downstream of High Temperature Shift Converter in place of waste heat boiler.
6. Replacement of existing finned type Combustion Air Pre-heater with new Plate type Combustion Air Pre-heater of higher surface area.
7. Replacement of Existing BFW Pre-heater in synthesis loop with a new BFW Pre-heater with higher surface area.
1. Replacement of existing CO2 Compressors with new higher efficiency compressors.
2. Installation of New ammonia Pre-heaters in 11 unit & 21 unit.
3. Installation of Vapour Absorption Machine.
1. Conversion of existing GV solution based CO2 removal system to a-MDEA solution based CO2 removal system (ESP Phase-II).
1. Installation of New ammonia Pre-heaters in 31 unit & 41 unit.
2. Installation of Vapour Absorption Machine and CO2 Cooler.
Some debottlenecking schemes were also implemented during turnaround in Year 2017-18 which are as under:
Modification in Exhaust Duct Silencer in GTG-I and GTG-II
Advance seal uprate for GTG-I
Liquid Bio-fertiliser Plant has been inaugurated by Hon'ble MD "Dr. U S Awasthi" on 1st April, 2017.